Monday, November 03, 2008

Today has been another good day the Lord has made and I rejoice and am glad in it. Today I was "off" after I took the boys to school. We had a great drive and the trees are so beautiful. The leaves are all different colors and as one drives all of a sudden one sees a tree that has solid gold leaves and it is perfect in form. It is breath taking. God is truly awesome in His imagination when He created the living plants. In His wisdom He gave us eyes so we could see and enjoy the wonder of His handiwork. His handiwork is so obvious in Newburgh.

I have made an appointment for the boys and I to have our picture taken on November 11, because the school is having a holiday to honor the veterans. How wonderful that somewhere in America Veterans Day is still a special day. Newburgh is really "where its at".

I then went to Linens 'N Things which is going out of business and purchased a few items. Then I filled the car with gas and went to Walgreens where I purchased some items again. I tooled around Newburgh and drove down her 30 mph streets and just enjoyed my day. I got home at 4:30 and the boys were called from hither and yon to unload the car, so life is good.

Michael went to work for a few hours tonight to work on some charts. Evidently he is way behind on charts. When Michael was in the hospital with a tube down his throat, a friend of his told me about his need to do some of his charts. She said there were tons of hours of work for him to do and she could help with some of it, but most of it he would have to do himself because the notes were too hard for her to decipher. So when he works he has charts to do, and then he has all of these other charts he has to do from days gone by. He has notes, as I understand it, but some of the notes needed to be decifered by him and him alone. Oh well. I am hoping he can see the end of the tunnel. I know he is feeling better about his monthly financial situation aftern this week's pay check. (Not on easy street with money to burn, but out from under the pile of life's mounting bills. Once again I am so glad to be able to be up here.

Dont know what I will fix for supper yet, but I have a lot to choose from. I have milk and juice and eggs for tomorrow morning. It just cant get much better than this.

Did I tell you that the boys had to memorize a Bible verse for this past Sunday and they both said they were one of the few in their class that memorized it. The verse was John 15:5.

Their mother is supposed to come this weekend and that will mean that they will not be going to church with me. This Friday Michael jr. is supposed to have a boys' movie night at school as a result of a fund raiser at school. They boys won. I am supposed to have him there at 5;30p.m. and their mother has said she will pick him up at 8p.m. We will have to wait and see how things work out for her on Friday. She has had a very bad spider bite on her toe that has prevented her from being able to fulfill some of her statements to the boys.

It is difficult to count on everything because she doesnt really know sometimes until the last minute how she will be doing. We have gotten pretty good at making the necessary adaptations since it always involves what is best for the boys and they are not ever at fault for a last minute change in plans.

I love this daylight savings time. I love the early darkness. The coolness of the evening. Our temperature gets up to the 70's in the day. Beautiful weather. Beautiful people. love to you.

Aint you going to comment no more? Have you forgotten my need for comments which i use as my assessment of my value in the world of blog?

2 comments:

vicki said...

Please don't quit! It is such an enriching read, don't you know. did you hear that Andy and Jessica are engaged? I am eager to hear the story because he apparently caught her totally by surprise. Isn't that sweet that he would plan so carefully to make it a memorable time for her?
Glad you've had a good and restful (sorta) day. Me, I've been workin...sometimes it's hard to even write a comment.

Anony Mouse said...

I want to hear specifics about the "loser mop" and what makes a good mop. This could be a really informative post, and could launch your career as an endorser of mops and other cleaning supplies. Important and powerful people are reading this blog.