Sunday, November 30, 2008

I made it home to Newburgh after 12 hours behind the wheel. I arrived in the rain at 5:45 p.m. The grandsons all came out to help me get inside. When I got inside, the place looked like a new place. Michael had cleaned up all the clutter, that I had created by purchasing a new kitchen table (that Michael had not asked for). With the addition of a second kitchen table, we had one of them taking up space in the family room. He has moved the extra table down stairs and the family room is beautiful and oh so roomy. The boys all helped their daddy get the house cleaned up of the clutter. All of the "stuff" I had in the kitchen is now in a box on my bed. I cant tell you how wonderful the house looks. I didnt realize how this house should look. Now I have a daily goal of having it look this nice every day. I dont know how Michael stood it. I never knew it could look like this. It is really a lovely home. He also put the captian chairs back in his van instead of in the boys' room. I love it.

The trip was long but uneventful. I got out about eight times to walk around and stretch my legs. My friend, Ronnie Wiggins told me this was important so I would not get blood clots. So far, no clots.

Well, I had a wonderful but very short visit with Ramona, Matthew and Karsen. As I had told you in prior posts, my left leg was really giving me a problem. I stayed in the bed and off of my knee most of Thursday and even Friday. I left on Saturday morning at 9:00a.m. I stopped in El Dorado, Arkansas, because I was going to sleep on the highway. This morning I got up and was on the road before 6a.m. Long, long drive, but pretty scenery. I had just missed the pretty leaf show. I could tell that it was a beautiful sight about two weeks ago. It still was pretty. I love to drive and this trip affords me lots of drive time. The only thing is that it usually takes me about two days to recover from this much time in a sitting position. Ths trip was two days driving and two days in Houston and then two days driving again. Sort of hectic. By Wednesday, I should be fine. I'll let you know.

My knee is almost back to normal. I say in another two days, it will be just like it usually is.

Well, its been a long day and I am tired and will close now.

May God richly bless you my dear ones. jk

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you're back safely!

vicki said...

Why did you buy the second table? Weren't there two before? Or is the one closer to the door the dining room table? Anywaze, I'm sure there will be a need downstairs so it's good they have it waiting down there for when the need to play bridge arises. It will be good to get back to your routine. It is great to know Mike felt called to clean the house. That kind of catches me by surprise, but in a good way, of course.
Hope you find time to keep on blogging, cause your fans are awaiting your every tidbit of news!

rd said...

Jan, I didn't realize that you would be back on the road again in just two days. I'm disappointed that you had no bible questions, I feel so useless. Glad you're safe and hope you recover quickly.