Thursday, November 06, 2008

It's Ihursday morning and the boys are at school. Michael, on the bus and Brendan & Aidan were driven to school by me.



I stopped by the cleaners to pick up some stuff. Now I am home and reading my e-mail messages and checking the blogs of friends and now I am posting to you all. I have some private stuff to tell and I wish I could talk to Vicki, but she is at work and will not get off until around 4 pm. At that time I will probably be big into helping with homework. Oh well.



Yesterday turned out to be such a restorative day for me. Rest, rest, rest and all of it so peaceful. I feel like a million. I'll have to see how long it lasts after I begin the work of the day. I think Michael has to go to work today. He remains in bed asleep. I dont know how long he stayed up last night. He does, as I have reported to you, have great deal of difficulty getting to sleep and staying sleep. I know he has one of those prescription sleeping aids, but when one works different shifts, I guess the perscription is not always able to do what it espouses .



I am trying to methodically clean from one room to the next. I have been doing all over general cleaning and not really being able to see any long lasting impact. Now I am concentrating on one room at a time and then everyday gong back to the already cleaned rooms and doing a quick clean maintenance job and then attacking the next room. So far the cleaned rooms are my bedroom, the common bathroom up stairs, Michael's room and bathroom. Today I will go after the family room. After that I will attack the kitchen. This of course, means that the kitchen floor continues to be unmopped. Actually this method of cleaning is going along quite well. It really will end up, i think , requiring a lot of work daily, but then I can have days where I do major dusting, then a day of mopping and always straighteing, but the house can have general look of being properly cared for.

The basement is coming along ever so slowly. The bathroom tile has begun to be laid. I hope the guys return today. Of course, today is Thursday and usually this is the day that the main worker man returns to his home in Madison, Indiana, and returns back to Newburgh on Monday. I had hoped that it would be finished this week like they had said it would be. Once more, I believe them, but alas, it aint complete. Progress bit by bit I guess, is better than complete abandonment of the project. I guess.

Take care and have a wonderul day. I love you. jk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why does it seem that your worker men can never seem to show up on a regular basis...?